Lean Design® Certification Level One is the first course of a five step training program to become Design Profit® certified. Design Profit®, a Munro & Associates developed software package, is composed of several complementary tools such as Lean Design®, Click-2-Cost™, Cost of Quality® (CoQ®) and several others. This lean product development tool set is a powerful aid in analyzing all aspects of product design to control cost, weight, quality and investment. Lean Design® Certification Level One is the first step through the journey of lean concepts to yield products that deliver great Value, Quality, and Profit.
This course will teach the student the basics of the Lean Design® methodology, illustrate its value in the product design process and instill the student with an understanding of how to implement and execute the concepts through the Design Profit® software. Lean Design® Certification Level One also demonstrates to the student how the combined use of these tools and methodologies have the ability to influence and impact design cost, quality, weight, producibility, and other important factors that affect the overall profit of a company.
At the end of Level One training, the learner will:
- Identify, define, and apply the methods and processes of Lean Design®.
- Identify roadblocks to successful Lean Design® Implementation.
- Demonstrate the relationship between simplified design and producibility.
- Describe the influence that Lean Design® Methodology has on the product quality, value, and profit.
- Identify, define, and apply the Lean Design® symbology.
- Define and create a baseline model using the Lean Design® symbols.
- Define and apply the Ideation Process.
- Identify, define, and apply Lean Design® Good Design Principles.
- Define and complete a basic Lean Design® redesign.
- Create a report out and business case.
Upon completion of the course and test, students will receive a unique Certification Number which is used to verify that they have successfully passed the course and which they can give to employers or HR to verify their certification.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Product Design Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Managers & Executives